Monday, September 19, 2005

Life is what happens while you're making other plans

So, my first day "off" was supposed to be Thursday. My little 2 y.o. D. had a cold so I kept him home that day. So much for the day off. That was OK, though. When your little one is cranky and unhappy, you don't want to send them to daycare (well sometimes you do). The plan was to send him on Friday instead. Until he got another asthma attack (first one was in May) and we spent Friday at the Emergency Room! There is nothing quite like little D. on steroids -- first the nebulizers, then the prednisone. Then, he is rocketing around the waiting room, the examining room, pushing every button on the computer (apparently, he reset the patient display board out by the ER front desk!), grabbing latex gloves out of the boxes, trying to activate oxygen/gas knobs in the wall! What fun!

Meanwhile, I had spent the whole day with a sinus headache that good old Ibuprofen wasn't curing. I thought, "If they admit him again (he had to be admitted back in May), I will just die!" I knew D. would be OK. Last time he was at the hospital, he did laps around the floor from 6 AM to 9 PM. It was unbearable.

Fortunately, the breathing got better as the afternoon progressed and he was able to go home with me. If my headache wasn't so bad, I would have downed a bottle of wine after that day. He's doing much better now and is back on inhalers.

Oh right -- knitting content?? I did do a bit of knitting in the ER but as you can imagine, I was a bit preoccupied. Doing a couple of fruit caps for some little babies I know.

Here's to preventive inhalers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home