Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, one day late

Carole had a great idea for Ten on Tuesday -- 10 dream vacations. I can't resist making a list of ideas:

1. Spain -- have wanted to go there for years. I took a couple of Spanish cooking classes. I love flamenco. Barcelona, Madrid, Santiago de Compostela.

2. Ireland -- Have been meaning to go back (was last there 20+ years ago) and bring my husband and family to see where my dad grew up and visit relatives.

3. Israel -- Have a friend in Tel Aviv who keeps saying come visit!

4. Alaska.

5. More of Canada -- I love Canada. I need to visit areas I haven't been to yet -- British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta. Would love to see those polar bears in Churchill sometime.

6. St. Petersburg Russia -- I need to see the Neva River, the Winter Palace and those other amazing places from the days of Catherine the Great.

7. Yosemite National Park -- Haven't been there yet. So beautiful, must go.

8. Hawaii -- I didn't think I would put this down but it would be so nice to see some lush tropical place with great beaches.

9. Pacific Northwest -- Want to visit Seattle, Puget Sound, Oregon.

10. Brazil -- the music is great so there must be some fun things to do in Brazil!


There -- that's a good list. Jeez, I'd better get cracking on some of them. Time is passing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:14:00 PM, Anonymous Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

My list would consist of all areas in the States and I want to drive there. You have some of those on your list. Good luck with the plans.

 
At Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

hi~
i just saw your post over at karyn's site about your sis being a birth mother 40 years ago....
i'm an adoptee who is meeting her birth mother (almost 30 years ago) this monday.
anyway, i saw what you posted and it made me smile is all. :-)

 
At Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Amy Traverso said...

Hi Kathy-

Sorry to contact you this way...I found you through your comments on the Braving the BPS Lottery blog and wondered if I could chat with you sometime today (Thursday) or tomorrow. I'm a contributing editor at Boston Magazine and I'm working on a story about the dilemma facing many young families who want to stay urban but aren't sure that the city is the place for them.

This story will focus specifically on the educational piece, looking at families who have answered this question in different ways. Mostly, I want the story to outline all the educational options that are available to parents who do want to stay in the city---from securing slots at really desirable public schools like the Eliot, to opting for private schools (Catholic, secular, etc.), to trying to improve less stellar schools from within, to even doing homeschooling. From your comments on the other blog, it looks like you might have a lot to say about this! Could you give me a call? 617-877-0965. Thanks!

Amy Traverso

 

Post a Comment

<< Home