Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Introducing the new bed!


Thar she blows, the new bed and mattress! First real, grownup purchase we have made for ourselves in many years. The bed actually overpowers the small room, but I don't care. It's worth it for the comfort and size. It's so great to have a headboard, when you are reading or watching TV in bed! It's much higher than the old one, so I feel quite elevated, like I'm in a pickup truck as opposed to my Subaru wagon. But I'll get used to it. The good thing is that my back doesn't hurt as much in the morning. I'm hoping this helps lessen my sciatica problem.

Still working on those mystery socks and not getting very far. I restarted the So-Called Scarf, now that I've got the hang of the stitch pattern and don't keep dropping stitches, creating uneven ends. I also, even in these economic hard times, ordered some sock needles from Knitpicks, as well as the Chullo Hat kit. It just sang to me!

Just got over the endless birthday celebrations, including mine, 2 birthday parties for son #2 and my brother's Oktoberfest party. Enough already, with the parties! I'm ready to do something else, like rake leaves!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Congratulations! Nothing like climbing into a new comfy bed. Altho, I never watch tv in bed, I do read ... well 2 pages before I fall asleep. Must be the wonderful mattress I bought 4 years ago....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home