Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Day in the Life.....

(Inspired by Maryse)

6:00 am Hear son #1's alarm clock go off, which wakes me up too. Get up and get dressed, wash up.

6:15 am Get meself breakfast and coffee, mumble to husband and son #1. Get son #1 his Cocoa Puffs for breakfast. (good mom that I am)

6:30 am Wake up son #2, who is more a sleeper in the AM. Try to get him to be somewhat awake while they watch Jimmy Neutron. I read the Globe.

6:45 am More Cocoa Puffs for son #2. The healthy food just keeps coming.

7:00 am Make lunches for kids -- much healthier food (Bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc...) I don't pack anything for myself thanks to intestinal problems.

7:15 am Obligatory ordering of son #2 to get himself dressed. He doesn't want to do what he's told, so it takes extra time to make it all happen. Listen to news on BUR while I make lunches.

7:30 am Brush teeth of son #2 and get his shoes on. Collect all the stuff we need to bring to school and head out the door.

7:40 am Try to separate the kids from baseballs, bats, pitchbacks and bicycles, so we can get in the car and head to school.

8:00 am Arrive at preschool. Drop off son #2. Obligatory kisses and hugs before he will let me leave.

8:15 am Son #1 angry with me because I yelled at him for hitting son #2. We discuss in the car and come to a rapprochement. He claims he wasn't hitting his brother (yeah, right).

8:25 am Arrive at son #1's school. Drop him off. Corner a few parents to get them to run for PTA offices for next school year so I don't have to do it.

8:40 am Head to work. Listen to NPR and space out happily.

9:05 am. Make it into garage at work. Park car.

9:15 am Line at the slowest Dunkin Donuts in the world is way too long Head over to alternative coffee shop where they know what they're doing.

9:30 am Check email, make phone calls, talk to coworkers. Order a new computer for my sister (academic discount). Do some actual work.

1:00 pm Go outside, sit in sun and knit Red Sox sox for son #1. Best part of day.

1:45 pm Back to work, do some moderately productive things.

5:00 pm Head out to car. Go to meeting at son #1's school. We discuss fundraising. It's the same conversation that has been going on for 4 years now. The school where son #1 goes is racially, culturally, economically diverse and there is discussion of how the fundraisers exclude and offend no matter what you try to do or how hard you work.

7:30 pm I can't take it anymore and walk out. I go home, have a bit of dinner and some wine (whine) to take off the edge. Husband is cranky, so I get the kids ready for bed and read books.

9:00 pm Sit down at computer, send emails about the meeting to friends who were there. Look on Destash to see if there's any yarn available to buy that might make me feel better! (Not that I don't have a goodly stash as it is!).

9:30 pm Read blogs, do some blogging of my own (finally) and get ready for bed.

If you're still reading this, thank you for your patience!

Labels: , , ,


At Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:58:00 AM, Blogger maryse said...

well it's about time you posted something ;)


Post a Comment

<< Home