Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yard sale blues

So, the yard sale was underwhelming. A lot of work, a hot day and we had it on a long weekend, when many people go away. But, it was good to just get the stuff out of the basement and into the light of day. Some stuff sold, some didn't. I had a bunch of yarn that no one bought. So, I gave some to a friend who is learning to knit. I'm saving the rest to give to Rosie's Place. They have a really cool Arts Initiative that my friend runs. The guests have access to all kinds of arts programs to participate in. And knitting is one of them. So, if you have any extra yarn, it can be used there.

The good news about the yard sale is that none of the stuff went back into the house. DH took two truckloads of yard sale stuff to the thrift shop. I have another load in my car that's going there too. So, it's a start! More culling of things we don't need any longer. A friend told me that one the largest growing businesses in America is -- you guessed it -- storage facilities. We all have too much crap that won't fit in our houses.

Tomorrow, off to visit friends at the beach. A nice break.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Yah, that's the one thing I swore I would never do is get a storage unit for my STUFF. Or rather the over-flow of stuff. So I spent this weekend cleaning out my basement also. (no yard sale tho)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home