Monday, September 10, 2007

I Just Can't Get Started

Monkey Sock in Cherry Tree Hill yarn

Well, it's been quite a few weeks between posts. Since then, I finished one Monkey sock and started the second. Then, I came down with Second Sock Syndrome and the sock is still on the needles. Pics to come, as they are, of course, on another computer.

In between all that, I started a baby sweater for a friend using the Peapod Baby Sweater pattern in orange Cotton Cashmere (Debbie Bliss). However, I've had problems focusing on the pattern (it's an unusual ribbing and I can't seem to get it right). I think I should just do a test swatch instead of trying to do the whole thing at once and screwing it up!

Then, I thought, maybe I need to opt for a simpler sweater. So, I started knitting the Mason Dixon Baby Kimono in Katia Sonrisa, shown below.
Swatch of Katia Sonrisa for Kimono

Only the gauge was too small. So, I ripped it out and thought that I'll try it on bigger needles. Have I done that yet? No.

Oh, right. I forgot that I also knit a Mason Dixon mitred square in Cotton Classic to see what it would look like. Here's my first square:
Mitred Square in Cotton Classic

Then, I knitted a swatch of Debbie Bliss Cathay because I've been planning to knit Tahoe from Knitty. I knitted the swatch this weekend. Have I measured it? No. I'll get around to that. Maybe I can then find something to distract me from the baby sweater to distract me from finishing the socks.

And this is how nothing (or few things) get accomplished!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh ... is that what it is? I thought it was like me keeping nine different things on needles going at one time just because ... because I love to knit. Or maybe I've got "Startotitis"!!

But every once in awhile we do loose our knitting mojo for awhile. Don't worry, it'll come back.

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

You'll get your groove back ... just think how nice woolly things will feel this winter!

 
At Saturday, September 22, 2007 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Nadira said...

oooh, what a yummy colorway on those monkey socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home