Getting better at intarsia
It's coming along. Actually, I finished the "C" on the Harry Potter sweater the other night and it looks pretty good! I should finish the front in the next few days and can pick up stitches for the sleeves. It's hard to do clear intarsia letters if you use curvy letters (as opposed to vertical ones) but I think it came out pretty well. The stitches are much tighter now when I change colors.
A whirlwind weekend -- had D's third birthday party. A good time was had by all! Bob the Builder cake for the kids and mimosas for the grownups. And it was my birthday too! DH and I went out to Mistral for dinner! Thank God for gift certificates. The food was wonderful, the restaurant a bit pretentious but fun to go out to a swanky place for a change.