Tuesday, October 11, 2005

HP sweater in progress and other stuff


Just about done with the back of the Harry Potter sweater. I was going to do both sleeves at once, then tackle the front last because I have to adapt an intarsia "C" for my son's first initial. But it turns out that the sides are done first, then seamed and you pick up the stitches to knit the sleeves. So much for that.

I'm getting crazy over yarn. I cut back my work hours, so I am making less money. However, knowing that Mission Falls will not be manufacturing its yarns much longer makes me want to buy and hoard! Maybe I should use the stash I already have.

I already have a bunch of Mission Falls to knit my sister a lovely wrap called "Mimi" (her nickname) if not for Christmas, then for her spring birthday.

Had a good weekend. Cooked a lot -- ratatouille, chicken marbella, banana muffins. It was great not to rush anywhere. Also enjoyed the Angels beating the Yankees in the Division Series. Go Angels!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:20:00 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I love that mimi. I've never seen it, and now I'm dreaming...

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And here I thought I was the only one planning the Mission Falls stash expansion. I'm wondering if it will fit in the extra room...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home