Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fall brings new FO's, fun times

Somehow, despite, many other competing interests, I made it to the Boston Knit Out and it turned out to be a nice day, despite the weather forecast. There was swag available and I got some lovely red yarns, making me think there is a theme for the day. I need to knit up a lovely red scarf. Here's the photo of my take for the day:



From top to bottom, some Reynolds Garden Tweed in a muted red and beige mix(cotton, linen, viscose), some Manos Cotton Stria in a lovely red, and a bag of Skacel Gatto (all nylon) in great shades of red, orange, white and yellow. Got to see some fellow MIT knitters, including Rhonda, Erin (and baby Geneva -- what a cutie!) and Christine.



In other knitting news, I finished DS's preschool nap blanket in Muench Big Baby (12 balls, but you can do it with less) using Basketweave stitch on size 15 needles. It knit up fast and is very soft. DS's comments?? "It smells like Mommy." I love that.

After the blanket is done, I'm back working on Clapotis, which I ripped out earlier this summer so I can start afresh. It's going better and I'm amazed at how much more I understand about the pattern through repetition. Does that mean I should just knit everything new 5 or 6 times?? Gawd, I hope not. Sorry, no photos of that one yet, but I'll post some as it progresses. It's in Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb, Tuscany (red, blue, green) colorway. This yarn is very hardy, as I've knit and ripped this out multiple times. It still retains its strength and sheen. Good stuff.

1 Comments:

At Monday, September 25, 2006 4:12:00 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I'm so sad I missed you on Sunday. I got stuck making an offer on a house. oy.
Also, I'm so jealous of your Lion and Lamb Clap. Will I see it soon??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home