Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Slowly, slowly, said the sloth...

The socks are coming along and just about done! I will have pics up soon.

I joined Super Eggplant's Candyswap which seems like a good way to distract oneself from dieting and eating right.

Attended the Bat Mitzvah of DH's niece in Philadelphia last weekend...mazel tov, Emily!

Hoping to make a little baby hat for coworker's baby shower in 2 weeks, once the sox are done.

After reading some lovely poems on various blogs, I found myself feeling all sentimental for my Dad, a great lover of poetry and reciter of it. I was rereading Gray's Elegy in a Country Churchyard. My father knew it by heart and would happily recite it at anytime with a twinkle in his eye. My brother read it at the end of his eulogy of my dad. Here's a snippet (the rest is at this link )

The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
The lowing herd winds slowly o'er the lea,
The ploughman homeward plods his weary way,
And leaves the world to darkness and to me.

How I miss my Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home