Thursday, March 23, 2006

Chausettes sont fini!

Bob's finished socks

Here they are -- only the second pair of socks I've knit (and the first ones were a long time ago!). They are knit in Knit Picks Sock Garden in Zinnia on Size 2 needles. I used a very good toe up sock pattern from Lucy of Mind's Eye Yarns.

DH husband likes them a lot and wore them to bed the other night. I think he's worried he'll chew them up if he uses them as work socks and I agree that they're a bit too delicate for workboots.

I'm currently working on a little baby hat for a coworker. I go home at night from work and after getting the kids to bed, can't wait to look at pattern books, visit my stash or come up with fancy ideas for projects. Yet for some reason, I can only sit and knit for a short time. Always searching, I guess.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

They look great! Well done! I might have to try that yarn and I'm diggin' the pattern too. I'm feeling a bit of copycat coming on.

 
At Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

You asked about Little Man's sweater -- it's from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots. If you look through all my posts titled Zoe Mellor Bite Me, you'll be less interested in this pattern.

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Love the socks ... I'm wild about the color!!

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are GREAT, Kathy!

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Emily said...

oooh, I love those socks. I'm in the middle of knitting some socks in Zinnia Sock Garden too, and I am loving the variegation. They look awesome!!

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

I love that yarn -- I made my Sockapaloooza socks from it and just adored the colors. It's too bad they discontinued it because there is nothing quite like it. Your socks look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home