Monday, September 25, 2006

One more FO



Finished DS's red white and blue socks in August. Forgot to post a picture of these! I like 'em but wish I'd tried harder to match up the colors so they're symmetrical with each sock. Otherwise, they're warm and toasty for the cold weather to come.

I did some major yarn shopping while on vacation in August. I got to visit Purl Diva in Brunswick and met the amazing Ellen. I scored some Lorna's Laces Worsted in Motherlode for a cardigan for myself, and some Reynolds Whiskey for socks for DH. I also visited Maranacook Yarns in Readfield near where I was staying, and a yarn/craft shop in Rangeley whose name is escaping me at the moment. I found some lovely cranberry colored Bartlett Yarn worsted for a kid sweater. Bartlett Yarns are the best smelling yarns I've ever gotten -- the lanolin smell is heaven!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy -
Cute socks! Please send pics of your LL cardie and Whiskey socks when your done and I will post them on my blog!
It was great to meet you when you visited the shop. I look forward to seeing you next summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home