Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Better mood and pictures of Clappy

Well, I've recovered from my doom and gloom mood of a couple of days ago. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and having some time off. I made a Pear-Cardamom cake lastnight and I think it'll be a nice dessert offering.

Here's a photo of Clapotis as it's making its way to the end. I've had some problems with decreases and had to frog back a few times to get on track and make sure the dropped stitch interval was symmetrical, but for the most part, I think it will be fine. I was hoping to have it done to wear on Thanksgiving day, but that won't be happening.



I actually started this piece two years ago just after Thanksgiving at my sister-in-laws's (where we are going this Thanksgiving as well). She was amazed at how many times I started Clappy, knitting for a while, realized a mistake I was making and then ripped it out to start over. "I could never do that," she said. But I thought it was fun and the constant frogging helped me figure out the pattern and how it worked.

After Clappy is done, I have some sewing up of kid sweater pieces to do. Then, 4 y.o. guy (Little D.) needs a pair of socks, so I'll be doing those. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 5:53:00 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh, she's a beauty! I'm so glad I had a chance to fondle that amazing yarn. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Clappy is really beautiful and I can just imagine it wrapped around my (I mean your) shoulders. I have a mind to knit her myself! (now that I have a resource for pointers)

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 5:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - was not sure if yur "Bir Hakim" question was serious but it was the first battle of WW2 where the Free French prooved themselves against the Germans in North Africa. They were expected to hold for 24 hours at the end of the allied line. But held for much longer (over a week if I remember correctly) and caused the germans to pay a very high price before retiring under cover of darkness. Some of their future leaders made their names there (Pierre Messmer - PM of France, for example).

Hope that is of interest.

Michael.

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 7:13:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Yes, it was a serious question. Thanks for the info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home