Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring FO's

Well, it's been a while. I've been lame about posting and really, really busy! So, first things first:

Here's a photo of my red scarf for the Red Scarf Project, that I was late in submitting, but finally got around to! It was an Encore Worsted Weight yarn (nice color, not great yarn) in a basketweave stitch. I liked how the basketweave pattern came out.


This one was done for a fundraising auction at DS's school. It's an Irish Hiking Scarf done in Misti Alpaca Chunky in a lovely Olive with Teal and Gold highlights. I used Size 10.5 needles. It's definitely a seriously thick scarf, substantial and warm as heck!

Here's a close up photo:

Try not to mind the double chin.

Next scarf that is also for the fundraising auction:

This one is knit in Fiesta Yarns Rayon Boucle, in a gorgeous Green-Magenta-Black colorway called Madrid! It knits up easily on fat (size 15) needles and it's a lovely shoulder wrap that's great for spring and summer. You'd want to bid on this, wouldn't you? Here's a shot round the shoulders:

I really like how this came out and would recommend this yarn for a lightweight and colorful wrap for air conditioned offices or outdoor events. Do I sound like a fashion magazine? Here's the amount of yarn left over after binding off:

Eek! I sure cut that close, didn't I? It was only one skein's worth for the wrap, so I wanted to get as much out of it as I could. And I did!

The previously mentioned school auction is killing me. I'm planning it with a few other parents, and this is the first one the school has ever had, so it's all being done from scratch. I'm sure this will be a trial run and we'll figure out what doesn't work and what does, so we can improve it next year. If I life that long. Right now, just gotta get those annoying city permits so we can have the event. And that is taking much longer than necessary.

Ciao for now!


At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You've certainly been doing some knitting! I love the 3rd scarf. Nice colors.


Post a Comment

<< Home