Thursday, April 19, 2007

Late breaking FO's

Sheepy Sweater Finished While It Still Fits!

This sweater was started (mumbly mumbly) years ago and I believe it was actually meant for Son #1. It's a size four and Son #1 is now 8 years old. I finished all the pieces a while back -- at least two years ago. But being my usual ADD self, I put the pieces away and said, "I'll deal with the sewing up later!" Later it was.

Then, a while back, I did start sewing up, but ran into problems with the sewing up. Lots of knots and bunched up pieces that didn't match on both sides. So, I had to pull out the yarn and the sewing and start over. This time, I stuck with it. And I did manage to finish yet another knitted item. A big deal for distractable me.

Heck, at least it fits Son #2! Of course, on Easter Sunday, I said, "D., do you want to wear the Sheepy Sweater to Aunt E's?" "No thanks, Mom." Grrr.

Pattern: Yankee Knitter
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lambs Pride in dark green.
Size 4

I'm also working on a hooded sweater for same DS #2 (am I crazy?) in Artyarns Supermerino. I already found a mistake in the pattern and emailed Artyarns. No answer. Luckily, I think I figured out what was wrong with the math but I find the pattern not specific enough. So, be forewarned. The yarn sure is nice, though. And machine washable!!

Happy Spring!! I'm trying to sell some of my stash so I can buy some Debbie Bliss Cathay to make this. Wish me luck!

One more thing

So, I got this lovely postcard in the mail from the Orphan Foundation, thanking me for the red scarf! It was such a wonderful thing to get and made me feel good. Then, I looked at the photo of the Executive Director, who is draped in tw scarves. One of them might be mine! I knitted a cranberry colored scarf in basketweave stitch and the scarf she's wearing could be mine! But, out of 12,000, it could also be someone else's. Still it's fun to speculate!


At Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:52:00 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

So cute!!! Wifey has an inherited copy of that Yankee Knitter book and I've been dying to try something from it. Perhaps this is just the inspiration I need. Well done. Well done. And having an adorable DS#2 certainly helps.

At Friday, April 20, 2007 9:59:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Aaaahhhh, sheep ... I love sheep! BTW, the model is adorable also. But he might not like to hear that ;-).

At Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:16:00 PM, Anonymous Kerstin said...

Adorable! Well worth the (mumbly mumbly) wait!


Post a Comment

<< Home