Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Bad Hair Day

So, maybe it's me. Having a 6 year old boy caused me to not expect fights in the morning over hairstyles and gel! But that's what happened this morning. C. decided that he wanted to style his hair (he's got your basic bowl cut) by combing it back, putting gel in it and having it stick up! He said there are a couple of boys at school who wear their hair this way.

I told him I'd help him comb his hair wet (this is just before racing out the door) and put some gel in it. However, the combing wasn't right, the gel didn't do what it was supposed to (defy gravity, I guess) and it all ended in a big tantrum filled meltdown. I was trying so hard not to laugh. It was so important to him but his hair was long enough that it wasn't sticking up.

I'll take him for a haircut and they can put the gel in his hair the way he wants it. In the meantime, I hadn't even *brushed* my own wet hair, in trying to get everyone else ready for the day. Wow, he's only 6. Who knew?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home